We consider the foundation class to be an essential building block in your child’s education and this section of the website aims to inform you about the Early Years Foundation Curriculum.
AIMS FOR EYFS (EARLY YEARS FOUNDATION STAGE)
- Support the transition from Pre-School settings to the foundation class, making progression a fun and exciting experience.
- Provide a caring environment in which each child may feel safe, happy & secure.
- Promote a high level of self-esteem and confidence in children through the encouragement of independent learning.
- Practice and refine social skills including an awareness and understanding of others (sharing etc).
- Build on children’s experiences in order to stimulate and challenge their own thinking.
Foundation Stage Classes
- Playgroup Classes | Ages 6-24 months.
- Nursery 1 (Barney class) | Ages 2 – 3 years.
- Nursery 2 (Dexter class) | Ages 3 – 4 years.
- Nursery 3 (Mickey class) | Ages 4 – 5 years.
OVERVIEW OF THE CURRICULUM
We use a broad and balanced curriculum which enables each child to reach their full potential. As we believe, every child matters.
We develop skills in relation to the six areas of learning within the early year’s foundation curriculum.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED)
- Communication, Language and Literacy (CLL)
- Mathematical Development (MD)
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World (KUW)
- Creative Development (CD)
- Physical Development (PD)